Did you know…?
- 46% of senior managers find women in flip flops distracting.
- There is a term for the employee that spends all day browsing the internet instead of working: mouse potato.
- Studies show it takes 25 to 40 percent longer to get a job done when you’re simultaneously trying to work on other projects. Don’t multi-task.
- The average person’s energy level rises and dips roughly every 90 minutes. Take breaks.
- July is national Ice Cream month. U.S. sales of frozen desserts hit $25.1 million in 2011. Americans’ favorite flavor is vanilla, followed by chocolate and cookies and cream.
- 84% of Americans drive to work alone. Only 5% take public transportation, which is down from 11% in 1960 (suburban sprawl is the cause, experts believe). 2.7% walk to work and only 4.2% report that they work primarily from home. 3.7% selected “Other” as their method of transportation (Bike, Taxi, etc.)
- MBTI fact: On average, INTJs have the highest college GPAs. Also NT is the most common temperament for those within the genius IQ range. Signed, your INTJ blogger.
- The highest spot on earth is not Mt. Everest. If we define the “highest spot” as that which is closest to the moon, stars, etc., then Mt. Chimborazo in Ecuador is an incredible 1.5 miles higher due to the oblate spheroid shape of the earth.
- The average worker spends 28 percent of the workweek reading and answering email according to a study by McKinsey Global Institute. Limiting emails to 5 sentences or less can increase productivity and your chances of getting a reply.
- Need to give a presentation? You will have attendees full attention for just the first 5-6 minutes. After that you better get them engaged.
- Book recommendation: The No Asshole Rule.